EOI: Drug & Alcohol Case Worker - Freeman House
Expression of Interest
Expressions of Interest from Freeman House Team are called for the role of Case Worker
- Maximum term 3 months, full-time x 2 positions available
- Based at Freeman House in Armidale
About the Role
The Freeman House Case Worker is responsible for the delivery of high quality case management, group work and general drug and alcohol and other support to clients of the Freeman House services including residential and non residential clients. You can find more information about this role in the Position description.
What you need
- Demonstrated experience in managing a case load and case planning, including with persons with complex needs (e.g. co-occuring drug and alcohol issues along with homelessness, mental health, contact with criminal justice system).
- Willingness to work within the established Freeman House and SVDP NSW Support Services Case Management protocols and Client-centred Service Delivery Model.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct self in a professional, ethical and non-judgmental manner.
- A relevant qualification, e.g Certificate IV or Diploma in Alcohol and Other Drugs or other Community Services field, or approved counselling / welfare / psychology equivalent or working towards same.
- Knowledge of, and an ability to access, a range of relevant community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to work independently and unsupervised.
- Willingness to work within the values and ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society and NSW Support Services
- Basic computer literacy skills including experience in computerised data collection.
- A current, unencumbered Drivers Licence.
- Extensive experience in drug and alcohol service provision including in community and residential settings
The conditions of employment are governed by the Residential Drug & Alcohol Support Services Collective Agreement 2009. The position is classified as Level 2C.
For enquiries about the position, please contact Adrian Webber on (02) 6776 8102 or by email Adrian.Webber@vinnies.org.au.
To submit your Expression of Interest online, please follow the prompts below - answer the questions and attach the following documents:
- Motivation Letter: Please state reason/s why you are interested in working in this role.
- Document addressing the Essential Criteria: Address the Essential Criteria by outlining your qualifications and experience that are relevant to the role.
- Current curriculum vitae: Outline your education and qualifications and a history of your employment and work experience.
Applications close: COB 12 December 2017