LAC Team Leader - Moree
- Full time (38 hrs per week) maximum term role until June 2018.
- Competitive salary +9.5% super and generous salary packaging.
- Access to the vehicle from the carpool during work hours.
- Base location: Moree
The mission and vision of the St Vincent de Paul Society NSW (‘the Society’) is to shape a just and compassionate society and to offer a “hand up” to those living with disadvantage. The Society has been commissioned to deliver essential Local Area Coordination (LAC) services as part of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) rollout in NSW.
Team Leader will be responsible for the day to day oversight and leadership of a team of Local Area Coordinators. This role will ensure effective leadership, supervision and support is provided in the delivery of the service, and to facilitate a professional workplace culture.
In addition and importantly, the Team Leader will work as part of a broader leadership team in partnership with the District and Senior Operations Manager to ensure a level of consistency and integrity across the program.
You will be expected to actively participate in forums and networks to support the ongoing development of the LAC program.
We encourage a collaborative and team-orientated culture with ongoing training and development practices to help you and your fellow LACs thrive in the program.
You also will be expected to perform the functions of a Local Area Coordinator by working directly with NDIS participants, their families, carers and communities to support them to experience a smooth transition to the NDIS.
The successful Team Leader candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience working in the human services sector e.g. disability, child services, allied health, social work, community development or education.
- Highly developed communication, supervision, collaborative, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to consider and adjust to the needs of participants, families, carers and wider community.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and ability to work collaboratively and contribute to consistent, yet innovative work practices.
- A commitment to and a deep understanding of the Vision, Mission and Values of the St Vincent de Paul Society and ability to maintain an ethical, inclusive and non-judgmental attitude towards staff and those accessing the LAC program.
- Demonstrated written communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Sound knowledge of WH&S legislation as it relates to the workplace.
- IT literate and able to work with client information systems.
- A valid driver’s licence and willingness to undertake regular travel.
The full position description is available at this link - please read this before applying.
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.
Conditions of Employment
The conditions of employment are governed by the SCHADS award.
What are the Benefits?
- A collaborative culture within a team that works at an accelerated pace
- The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free
- Training and development opportunities
Pre-employment Clearances: Pre-employment checks will include two (2) reference checks, signing of a Health Declaration, and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia and Working With Children Check if successful for the role.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the qualifications, skills and experience identified in the Position description to be a candidate for this role, please apply by doing the following:
- Responding to the screening questions at the end of the advert.
- Uploading your current resume/CV.
Like to know more? If you have questions about this role, please email to Sandhya Sahoo on email@example.com
Applications close at 23:30 pm on 21st January 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer